Sunday, 14 July 2013

The Postman Brought A Pink Parcel

My 'Vintage Cream Blue & Pink Pure Silk Blouse'

After six days of gazing longingly out of the window at my postie's van, my pink parcel sent by Sarah-Jane of Vintage Magpies has arrived! And all the way from France! Not long ago now, I arranged with Sarah that I would help to advertise her vintage e-store, Vintage Magpies. It deserves all the attention and credit it can get for its authentic and characterful pieces! Sarah asked me whether I would like to be sent a product from Vintage Magpies to style up and feature on my blog, and of course, I said "Yes please!"
 

Sarah's unbelievably pretty packaging idea!
    Inside my pink packaging was the sweetest little parcels, covered in textured wallpaper and adorned with tiny paper roses- such a clever idea and a great way to recycle!! I have kept the pieces for future arts and crafty days! The delicate swan and leaf prints definitely made me smile. When I opened my two parcels I was ecstatic to see that Sarah had kindly sent me an extra pastel pink, short-sleeved knit- which I will feature at a later date! As you can see, I chose this beautiful silk blouse- it's gorgeously smooth to touch- which was listed as the ''Vintage Cream Blue & Pink Pure Silk Blouse' on the site before I snapped it up! The blouse is slightly oversized (it is a size 10), which is good for tucking in and has this uber-pretty, intertwined floral pattern all over it. What I especially love, is that despite the blouse being second hand, the colours are so vibrant and it has clearly been cared for and loved.
 
 
Blouse: Vintage Magpies, Shorts, Sunglasses and Bucket Bag: Primark,
Floral Headband: Reading Festival '12 Pop-Up Stall, Boots: New Look.
 To coordinate with the turquoise, fuchsia and orange tones in the blouse, I wore this multi-hued floral headband which I bought from a pop-up stall at Reading Festival last summer. Denim shorts are always a must for a statement, summery blouse; being comfortable, practical and letting print do the talking! As I only yesterday bought these tan, cut-out, buckle boots and fell in love with them, I teamed them with my blouse to elongate my legs and add a kind of western-bohemian feel, though nude pumps or a cute pair of brogues would work for day too! My mini, studded bucket bag adds a slightly modern twist- as an update on the adventurer's backpack. It's just the right size for holding those essentials while you're out and about. Lastly, a fabulous pair of sunglasses always lifts an outfit- tortoise shell frames are my idea of classic.
     I took these pictures in and around my back garden, and also up the field where we keep our horse and Shetland pony! Florence the immobile caravan (pictured below) is a much-loved member of our family, and she looked too adorable with her posh, personalised number plate to leave out! I hope you like the pictures, and of course my blouse which I will now treasure and move to a special place in my wardrobe! Head to www.shopvintagemagpies.co.uk asap to treat yourself to another of their charming, one-off finds.

 
Mai. our cheeky Shetland!
I tried to make her smile!
 

1 comment:

  1. This is a really beautiful piece, I love it when you order online and the package you receive is just that little bit more personal than the generic parcel! ^.^ Will definitely be hopping over to their website!

    flawedfairytale fashion blog ^.^

    ReplyDelete