Thursday, 12 September 2013

Fragments of Autumn

I often receive shocked looks when I admit to getting a little fed up of summer, but in fact, I adore the chillier months and all the cute things that comes with them! Now the rain and darkening evenings have started to return, I have put together an Autumn-themed post. I know I am anticipating some aspects a bit early (the roaring fire for one!) but September is the start of the run-up to- dare I say it (my boyfriend will kill me!)- Christmas, and that in itself is exciting. This post is a snapshot of everything I love about the fall in a nutshell- the only thing missing is an ultra snug cable-knit jumper in olive or plum (and my labradoodle pup wrapped up in her basket!).
 
Steaming mugs, literature and cosy cushions by the fireside


 L'occitane Conditioner- Dry & Damaged Hair £15
 

Moody Romance: Topshop Floral Playsuit £50
Pots of tea and warm teacakes with butter- go to Rye by the way (!) which is where
 this beautiful old-fashioned tea parlor is located
Coffee table books to flick through on rainy days:
Stylists: New Fashion Visionaries by Katie Baron £30
Add a little mystery to fall dressing with dark shades: ASOS Kitten Cat Eye Sunglasses £12
Fail-safe footwear: Boohoo Alice Suedette Elastic
 Insert Flat Chelsea Boots £25

Your new handbag-sized best friend:-fill with a fruity warmer-upper: Not on the High
Street 'Why Not' Hipflask £19.95

Auburn leaves
For showery shopping sprees: Zara Combination Parka £89.99
 

Romantic lighting: Live Laugh Love Heart Cup Candle Holder £3.95

Herringbone checks are in: Topshop Lilac Check A Line Short Skirt £36

Oven-baked pies and pastries
Autumn, for me, brings endless rounds of marmite toast:
Emma Bridgewater Polka Dot 2 Slice Toaster £165
Hair Ribbons: From £1 per metre at Hobbycraft
Costume Jewellery: ASOS Teardrop Earrings £6
Fall Fruit Jams: £4 at New England Preserves

1 comment: