Friday, 21 November 2014

The Unlikely Hiding Places of Toby Kitty

I feel like this is slowly turning into a pet blog... but I thought this was just a fun little feature, plus it's about time I give one of my cats some loving as Gen the labradoodle does get most of the attention on my social media! The title of this post is inspired by a book called The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by the way- such an amazing, compassionate book written by Rachel Joyce so go check it out!
So, my youngest kitty cat, a ginger tom called Toby, loves to hide, or attempt to hide. He will crawl or try to fit into anything, but bags and boxes are his absolute favourite. It's like he thinks he's invisible and protected when he's in something, even if it's actually open and he's totally exposed to cuddles!! He's really cuddly sometimes, but always on his terms and he's very independent. Whenever we go shopping, it's guaranteed that within five minutes of our bags being through the door, he'll be in one. He is so adamant to stay in them too, that once we even hung a shopping bag he was in on a hook on a back of a door, and he didn't even flinch in there! Some of the following hiding places are appalling, but don't get me wrong, he's pretty sneaky. Our animals sleep downstairs at night, but often he'll wake me up purring all over my face about three in the morning, as he's been hiding under my bed, in my wardrobe or somewhere really strange. Another of his regular places is the ironing basket! I hope you enjoy these pictures of my wonderfully weird but super cute kitty.

Standard Toby behaviour
Yes, he made my clothes all fluffy!! This was when I'd just got back from uni - he was straight in there!
We can still see you Tobes... just noticed he's on my lovely Jack Wills shirt, which was a
 Christmas present! This was probably on Christmas Day!

When he was a bit smaller, he loved to watch people bath !
In Bella the tortoise's house!
Hiding from grumpy George, my other kitty!
Ultimate fail!
Finally! He's part concealed! 

2 comments:


  1. Lovely post ! :)

    NEW POST ON MY BLOG:
    FantasyFashioned
    xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is so cute I love cats too I could write about mine everyday! www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete