Sunday, 21 December 2014

A Merry Christmas from W7 Cosmetics


It felt like Christmas had come early for me this week when W7 Cosmetics sent over this generous handful of samples. In my little package, I received their:

  • Angel Eyes Out On The Town Eyeshadow Palette 
  • Chunky Cheeks Blush in Paris
  • Skin Fresh Concealer in Fair
  • Boom! Big Bold Eyes Kohl Crayon Eyeliner in Black
I hadn't heard of W7 cosmetics before but I am genuinely so glad I have discovered their products. Their PR girl Olivia just happened to send me four things that are currently on my makeup replenish list. Though I use the Maxfactor Face Finity All Day Flawless Foundation on an everyday basis, I've been looking for a concealer that would actually cover the dark bits I get under my eyes in the mornings. W7's Skin Fresh Concealer in Fair absolutely does the trick. It glides on really easily and is just the right thickness of formula: it isn't too obvious a cover-up, it rubs in in seconds and it doesn't leave a greasy feel to the skin or fingers. This shade, which is the lightest available is pretty perfect for me, and could even work for sunnier months blended with a bronzer. I put this on my blemishes and dark circles about 11am and I touched it up around my eyes at 6.30pm as I was going out. This was only because I reapplied some eye makeup and smudged it so used a face wipe under my eyes. I think it would have lasted all day. You can see the exact formula and shade swatched below!



Moving on to the Chunky Cheeks Blush in Paris, which has to be my (close) favourite of the four products. I chose a Topshop powder blush for Christmas from my sister yesterday, but now I'm so glad I've got this one and will have two to choose from in the new year! This blush stick is just loveliness; the thick pencil look reminds me of Clinique's chubby sticks, not to mention the packaging colour and the hue of the actual blush are gorgeous. When swatched it comes out fairly bright and bubblegummy but when applied properly to the apples of your cheeks it is the prettiest, softest rosy pink. The Chunky Cheeks Blushes come in three other city-themed shades: Tokyo, New York and London. In all honestly I'd be excited to try them all! This stayed on all day. It seems like there is an awful lot in the stick and so it's fab value for money at £4.95.


Next up, the Boom! Big Bold Eyes Crayon. I personally really struggle with applying eyeliner, so much so that I rarely bother to put it on. But this chunky kohl liner, which is categorized under liquid, is just amazing. It is ridiculously simple to draw across your lids and the width of the crayon creates just the right thickness line. It's also got a subtle charcoal shimmer to it which really stands out on your eyelids. Again, the liner is so generously sized that at £4.95 it's much better value for money then the thin kohl pencils you buy at say Rimmel. I like the effect of those products but the pencil tends to break off pretty easily and so isn't long-lasting as a makeup staple.



Finally, the Angel Eyes, Out On The Town Eyeshadow Palette. W7's larger palettes are all great dupes for the Urban Decay palettes- in fact, I definitely fancy picking up the In The Nude set for a bargain Urban Decay Naked replacement. The Angel Eyes palette though is full of seven earthy tones. Beginning at a porcelain hue, it works its way through to camel, bronze, cocoa, dark grassy green then midnight grey. There are two shimmer shadows and four mattes, all with a velvety touch. I swatched all of these on paper (see below) and liked the effect of all. Last night, as I went out for a meal, I opted for the first nude shade and layered the third, sparkling bronze on top. This is the perfect size palette to pop into your clutch bag for touch ups (if needed- I found they stayed on fairly well) and the shadows also come with a decent quality soft double-ended brush.



If you like the matte feel and look then these four cosmetics were made for you.

*PR SAMPLES 

 

3 comments:

  1. Loving the look of that eye palette! x

    gillmclaughlin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eye palette looks fab! Very wearable shades xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love W7, they have some really great quality products for the price! That palette looks absolutely beautiful and I love the sound of the blusher and liner, too :) Great review!!

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete