Sunday, 24 May 2015

The One with the Spontaneous Road Trip



Long time, no blog! I feel really content and happy at the moment with the loved ones I have around me and I felt like writing a little post! Dad's now in a local hospital (much, much better than being in London!!) and is about to start a rehab programme, so he couldn't make our little trip last night but we're finally heading onwards and upwards.
   Last night, as part of my Auntie's fortieth birthday celebration, my mum drove us, my Grandad and cousin down to the gorgeous cinque port town of Rye to meet my Auntie and Uncle for a surprise drink! It was so lovely that my Auntie had no idea - her face was a picture when they walked in and saw us hiding around a corner in the pub! We even took their adorable pug Henry as The Ship Inn where we went is super dog friendly- he definitely enjoyed rubbing noses with a very sweet (and giant!) Irish Wolfhound.
   Drinks turned into dinner and we chose an array of delicious dishes from the quirky menu- I went for southern fried chicken, corn on the cob and fries. The steak and fisherman's pie were also popular choices with my family! The dessert menu was nearly impossible to choose from, but I ended up settling for a trio of homemade icecreams - my custom flavour selection was cookie dough, rocky road and chocolate brownie. Sooo scrummy.
 We're big fans of The Ship Inn, having stayed there with Gen one summer, when we also visited Camber Sands beach, and we drank numerous hot chocolates on The Ship's squashy sofas last winter. It's a lovely pub with a ridiculously relaxed atmosphere and gourmet food, situated right amongst gems of antique and interior shops on the harbour front. Rye is just an hour from South East Kent, just over the border into Sussex and is more than worthy of a visit. 

Love, Izzy 

http://theshipinnrye.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment