Monday, 12 January 2015

Butternut Squash Mini Pizzas with Mange Tout, Red Pepper & Ham

My new favourite lunch... and a big chunk of your 5 a day!

You Will Need

♥ One butternut squash
♥ 3 tablespoons of passata/tomato puree
♥ Cheddar cheese, grated
♥ Olive oil
♥ Black peppercorns for seasoning
♥ Your toppings of choice - I went for ham, mange tout, red pepper and cherry tomatoes

Recipe

  Preheat your oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4. Lightly grease an oven tray with olive oil and leave to heat up.

♥  Chop off each end of the butternut squash, leaving you with the chunky stem. Peel the squash thoroughly, then carefully slice into roughly 5cm thick circular pieces. 

♥  Put the slices onto the oven tray and bake for 25 minutes. Make sure you turn them halfway through so they crisp up on both sides.

♥  Meanwhile prepare your toppings! I chose a selection of what we had in the fridge; so cherry tomatoes, mange tout (which I left raw), red pepper and little squares of ham. 

♥  Once the squash is browning on both sides, take out and spread a generous but neat dose of passata across each slice with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the cheese on top of each slice.

♥ Arrange your toppings, then finish off with a bit of extra cheese and black pepper. 

♥ Put back in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until the toppings are hot and the cheese bubbling. 


Happy cooking!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Izzy this looks incredible! Can you pop over to France and make me some!
    I will definitely try this. Im meant to be staying healthy for 2015 so this is a great little lunch idea.
    Sarah-Jane xo // www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Sarah-Jane, I wish I could!!! It is sooo scrummy and feels like you're being good!! Plus you can put on whatever you want! I'm going to try pre-cooked broccoli next time :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete