Tuesday, 24 March 2015

You Are Cordially Invited to an Easter Tea Party....



 From top left: John Lewis Felt Carrot Garland £8 / The Easter Home Daisy Ceramic Teapot £16 // Sass & Belle Pastel Easter Egg Hunt Arrow Sign £3.45 // Oliver Bonas Canary Garden Chair £59 // Not on the High Street Fretwork Easter Egg Sign £8 // Lindsay Interiors Ceramic Rabbit Spoon £3 // Laura Ashley Easter Egg Hunt Kit £7.50 // Sass & Belle Pastel Chevron Style Bunting £10.75 // Retro Easter Stickers by The Jellybean Studio at Etsy £2.07

Thinking about it, Easter is actually extremely close behind Christmas for my favourite time of year. The sun's usually shining and it's at least mild in temperature, the daffs and tulips pop out to delight, the lambs and bunnies are skipping out and about. Not to mention everything around this season is so pretty. If you hate pastels I can see why it wouldn't be for you, but I can't soak up enough of ice-cream hues that look good enough to eat. I picked out these beautiful decorative bits and pieces above as excitement really kicked in for me tonight while I was reading Country Living magazine! I must get these ceramic bunny spoons to go in our glass milk bottles along with pretty paper straws, and this egg hunt sign would look perfect on Florence the caravan. If you're sending Easter cards to faraway loved ones, these gingham and polka dot chick and rabbit stickers will make a lovely, vintage touch.
    We've already got our Easter tree up - it's made of a blossom branch and has little hanging, decorative eggs and chicks all over it (adorable) - and I'm looking forward to testing lots of seasonal recipes, including baking hot cross buns for the first time. My Grandad will run the annual Easter egg hunt, held this year in my auntie and uncle's garden, complete with excitable cats, labradoodle, springer spaniel and pug, and Bertie the baby tortoise. I hope if the weather treats us right that we'll then have some sort of feast outside on the decking, with bunting and blooms around us. There may even be a spot of hot-tubbing! I love that Easter is another precious opportunity to come together and embrace your family and friends.

What are your Easter traditions?

Love, Izzy

2 comments:

  1. What a cool way to celebrate your Easter!
    Our easter tradition is to gather around with family and eat lots and lots of chocolate eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to get to celebrate Easter with my parents for the first time in five years!!! We always do Easter baskets, church, a big lunch, followed by an Easter egg hunt.
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete