Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Crushing on Diane Kruger: Elle Style Awards 2015

Photograph from Elle UK
I developed a major girl crush on Diane Kruger a few years ago, when I cyber stalked her whole Paris Fashion Week wardrobe (which was largely made up of Chanel beauties). Diane and Karl Lagerfeld's creations are a match made in heaven; she is an ambassador after all. Diane modelled another Chanel frock tonight for the Elle Style Awards, in this fairytale number from the Haute Couture Spring '15 line. I like how Diane's styled the dress, a lot more so than how it was worn on the runway- with weird, scuba look, high black boots and a gothic, black mesh veil. Of course, Lagerfeld always puts a Helena Bonham Carter esque spin on his catwalk aesthetics. I think Diane's soft natural appearance - her tousled blonde locks and very nude, not-there-but-there type makeup - blends perfectly with the hue of the dress. She looks like a doll here- in a good way! Her beauty look is flawless. I've already seen Heat magazine describe this couture dress as moth-eaten, but I think the bust part of the frock, with the beautiful subtle drop hem, separates the lace and stops it from becoming too much. The hanging metallic belt is a little kooky but it draws the eye and allowed Diane to maximise on the gorgeous silver accessories. All I've got to add is that it's a shame about the mystery white speck by one of her court shoes! I really hope that's not chewing gum...

Love, Izzy

1 comment:

  1. I love how ballerina it looks!
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete