Sunday, 15 February 2015

Sunday Stories: Our Valentines

Matt and I had a really relaxed Valentines (our eighth!) We woke up at mine and made a scrummy cooked breakfast of bacon, scrambled egg, grilled tomatoes and toast together. We swapped presents: Matt gave me this beautiful bumblebee necklace by Estella Bartlett which I wore yesterday evening for dinner. It's so small, subtle and dainty. The only thing with these sorts of necklaces is that I panic I'm going to snap their delicate chains! Matt also presented me with a bunch of red roses and three lots of delicious looking chocolate, as he knows that's the easy way to my heart. I got a set of chocolate Love Bugs from M&S which are so cute, and then two slabs of Chokablok in the flavours Excreme Brulee and Eton Mess. I bought Matt a thin, cobalt blue scarf (as he moans about standard scarfs but I feel he needs one for our dog walks!), an adorable pocket notebook from Paperchase that says 'Love You to the Moon and Back' and something else which annoyingly hasn't arrived yet! I also made Matt some marbled chocolate hearts by melting down two bars of milk and white chocolate and resetting them into heart moulds. I then decorated them with edible gold stars and silver balls! They came out really thick and tasty so I was quite pleased with them for a quick homemade job!

After our breakfast, we joined Mum and Dad to walk Gen a couple of miles around our village. She got absolutely filthy which was no surprise! Mum and Dad wanted to pop shopping for someone's birthday... (it's my 22nd tomorrow!!) so Matt and I spent the afternoon babysitting Gen, which is basically a practise for when we have little ones! She's so whiny and attention seeking when Mum and Dad go out! We all settled down on the sofa to continue watching Twin Peaks: an American, supernatural drama that's our ultimate favourite. I even had a short nap; I was just so chilled and comfortable! Matt made me a wonderful three course dinner at his for the evening; he did the fantastic M&S deal as it's such great value for money, but it took a lot of work for him to cook! He wrote me out a tiny menu which was really thoughtful of him! He also decorated the table perfectly, with candles, confetti, romantic themed napkins and mini floral bunches. As you can see, we started with antipasti (cold Italian meats and olives) and moved onto massive steaks, sweet potato cubes and mediterranean veggies. The cava was delicious too and didn't taste too alcoholic, so I ended up feeling a bit squiffy! We ended our night with hot belgian chocolate souffles and by watching one of our favourite comedies, Horrible Bosses. I hope you all had a lovely Valentines, whether you spent it with loved ones, friends or pampering yourselves!

Love, Izzy

4 comments:

  1. Wait until you're babysitting little man AND Gen at the same time haha! Glad you had a lovely Valentines xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for tomorrow! Hope you have a fabulous day! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so lovely!
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete