Saturday, 7 February 2015

The Celine Hair Brooch

ASOS Open Circle Hair Tie £5
 As I browsed ASOS the other day for some new accessories, this gold circle hair-tie caught my eye instantly. It's an almost identical copy of the quirky yet ladylike hair brooches seen on the beautiful Céline models for S/S '15 (top two pictures). At £5 I'm so surprised it hasn't sold out already! This ASOS copy is a tiny bit different for its horizontal bar, and it's attached to a hairband, unlike the Celine barettes, but to be honest that just makes it easier to wear. I love that such a simple accessory can take a casual outfit from highstreet cool to designer chic. The nice thing about this is that you can add it to a loose ponytail for a quick glamour fix, or you can take your time with the curlers and use it to accentuate a polished half up do. 
 Pheobe Philo's circular barettes adorned the hair of girls in bright wool, leather tunics and floral teadresses on the Céline runway, showing this accessory's versatility. I suggest you wear by day with a breton tee, rolled up jeans and neutral converse, or pair with a floaty midi skirt, a pastel toned feminine rollneck and a slick of your best lippy for evening rendezvous.

 

Vintage Magpies 'Peony' Vintage Super Soft Boyfriend Jumper £21 // Mango Cutwork Midi Skirt £44.99 // Topshop Long Sleeve Multi Stripe Top £22 // Boujois Rouge Edition Lipstick Evening Chic in Rose Millesime £5.60

2 comments:

  1. Oo I hadn't seen this hair piece! I may have to invest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hairstyle! I need to get this hair piece :) x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete